"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Make a Choice

No person is inherently good or bad. It's about the choices they make...


When I first launched Blood Omen in Georgia, at the very first presentation, a random elderly white-haired man walked up to me when I was signing books and said: "You should write about angels next." I smiled politely and told him I'd think about it. Then I forgot about it for a year or so.

This summer angels hit me with a boom! I got an idea while I was on a beach holiday in Ureki (Black Sea sandy beach resort)- that a young girl met a boy while on holiday with her friends. A standard summer romance, you might think. But those who know me know that I don't write "standard." The boy was a demon, and the girl had a guardian angel. The whys and hows have yet to come to me but I wrote 70 pages about it in just three days!

Then I shut the door on my angels and demons. I had to so I could finish with Blood Omen 5, which is in the final stages of editing now. Of course, my angels and demons are banging and kicking at the door to have their story written about, and I've promised them I'll throw open the lock soon, but not just yet. When it comes, I know it'll be good... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment