"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Book 4 Translated into Georgian... Cover Design Chosen

Keeping to my tradition, Blood Omen 4: Beyond Death will be released in the Georgian language in October 2014 (official presentation on Halloween). Ana Chichinadze has nearly done translating and then it needs editing and printing.

To pass the time, I ran my (now traditional) cover design competition. I have more than 4700 fans in Georgia and I decided to trust them once again to create a design for the next book in the saga.

Book 3, if you remember, was designed by Natalia Nozadze (16), from Opiza School in Tbilisi, with the computer genius of Beqa Giorgadze.


Natalia Nozadze's winning sketch for Blood Omen 3 (Georgian version)...

...and the final result, now on bookshelves around Georgia!

I got a LOT of entries (I love my fans!) but only one could win...

This year's winner is 16-year-old Giorgi Muzashvili from Gori. Read his INTERVIEW here. Below, you can see the initial draft of the final design plus the runner-up (Fan Favourite- showing Dea pregnant) and a few other top scorers from the Fan Vote and my personal favs.
First draft of Giorgi Muzashvili's winning design
I chose Giorgi's design because here we can see more of Dea's face, in a vampire cloak, the world behind her threatened by the shadow of Apophis. In her expression you can see both the weight of the demands the Prophecy places on her and her determination to do what she has to do.

The Fan Favourite by Ruso Korinteli & Tatia Khoshtaria (chosen by number of Likes on www.fb.com/bloodomensaga)







This was another design the winner, Giorgi, sent- it was my mum's favourite :)


No comments:

Post a Comment