"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

Friday, June 24, 2016

FAQs


Why did Dea follow Bastet into the woods?

Anyone who's ever had and loved a pet cat will know they are as much a part of the family as your brothers and sisters. I had one cat- called Morris- for the first 21 years of my life (he used to fall asleep on my school homework!) and if he was out in a storm and scared, I would, like Dea, try to help him. She just didn't realise how far away from home she would end up by trying to save Bastet!



Why do the Coven wait so long before telling Dea about the Prophecy?

This makes people crazy! On one hand the suspense was part of the writing style- to keep the reader guessing and to reveal small details little-by-little. The other is explained in Blood Omen 1:
"Wait," I stopped him. "Why were Elias and Lucas so angry last night?"
Santi sighed, not turning to face me. "They don't want you to know everything yet."
"Why?" My anger flared before I could stop it. "I already said I can handle it!"
Santi frowned and looked up at me, shutting the door again. "It's not that. It's complicated. But they're right about one thing," he said, holding up a hand to stop my argument as it formed on my lips. "The less you know, the less open you will be to the Apophi. They are evil, Dea. They use dark forces- natural forces that go beyond anything you can imagine, and with your mother dead, you are more open to them that ever. Every new name, place, time or fact you know could allow them to get closer to you."
"I don't understand!" I whined.
He touched a hand to my cheek, his voice soft. "I know. But you will. You just have to be patient..."

"...the Apophi use the dark side of nature- we're all part of nature, all connected. They could find you through your thoughts, your dreams..."

No comments:

Post a Comment