"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

TVD Quotes I Like
I said in an earlier post that The Vampire Diaries (TVD) was the first teen vampire book series I read and which had a real impact on my ideas for the kinds of vampires I liked and didn't like. 
Damon was my favourite and when I present Blood Omen in Georgia and say to my fans: "I like Damon more than Stefan," 99% of my fans here think I mean the TV Damon. But I mean the Book Damon. At the start of the series he was much darker, much more powerful and much more consistent in his 'evilness' than the TV version. Don't get me wrong- TV Damon is also to die for, but for me Book Damon was the birth of what would later become my Stuart. 
Stuart has the same coldness, desire to play games, single-mindedness. But he is more complex still than Damon (Book and TV) because he has a whole heritage behind him, a cult of which he is a key player, and a destiny beyond simple relationships and the love of a girl. With Stuart, one minute you love him, want to invite him in and tilt back your head, the next you want to grab a stake and hit him where it hurts.
But I digress. I wanted to tell you about my favourite part of the Vampire Diaries books- it comes in The Fury. Elena has just died in a car crash and awakens as a vampire. The Salvatore brothers are fighting in the woods and she is drawn to protect the one who Turned her. We all think it's Stefan but things don't turn out the way we expect. 
The Books seem simpler than the TV version, but they are still capable of generating great excitement and emotion even years later. That must be true, because I still feel it so many years since I last read them! 
My wish: that the Blood Omen books will eventually leave the same legacy of emotion with my fans.
“Humanity is a vampire's greatest weakness.”
― Katherine Pierce
“Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes it simply means that you're a strong person.”
― L.J. Smith
“The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them.”
― L.J. Smith
“But before she could grasp it, he did something extraordinary. He caught her reaching hand, not roughly but gently, and held it in his cool slender fingers. Then he turned her hand over, bent his dark head, and kissed her palm.” (Elena and Damon, The Awakening, p. 178)
“I can waken things inside you that have been sleeping all your life. You’re strong enough to live in the dark, to glory in it. You can become a queen of the shadows. Why not take that Power, Elena? Let me help you take it.” (Damon, The Struggle, p.261)
"And who am I? Do you know who I am?" She smiled up at him, showing him her pointed teeth. "Of course I do. You’re Damon, and I love you." (Damon and Elena, The Fury, p. 10)

Gothic Eternity by Morbidia Morthel

No comments:

Post a Comment