"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

Monday, April 4, 2016


Updated 11-04-2016

Review of the Blood Omen Saga [extracts]

By Sabrina of "omgbooksandmorebooks"

Liza Corbett's Gothic Watercolours

Blood Omen I: The Vampire Wars

This book has put a dynamic aspect to the world of vampires. Before reading it I was used to one dimensional "vampires". I haven't come across a book that dives into the different kinds of vampires like Blood Omen does. With Egyptian mythology, diverse characters, and a world-ending prophecy, The Vampire Wars is a rare gem in the world of Young Adult Fiction. I can't recommend it enough.   

For more, click here


Blood Omen II: Drawn to Darkness

Ahh, this series keeps getting better. Book 1: The Vampire Wars finished on a major cliff-hanger because Dea finally meets Him. And his name is Stuart. 

I was starting to like Stuart until the middle of the book and I was about to refer him as a misunderstood cinnamon roll but now I think he's just evil.


If you want to understand my feelings about Stuart, check out my goodreads updates: 

In Book 2, we learn a lot more about the Apophi and the history behind their ruling. The apocalyptic prophecy is reveled slowly and we learn Dea holds the key to the second part. 

And I'll be honest, the motorcycle scenes are thrilling...


For more, click here


Blood Omen III: Fulfilment

...I loved the split perspective of Dea and Santi. Both are trying to live without the other but trying to gain strength from one another. I think Santi is one of my top 5 book boyfriends. He's swoon-worthy, smart, and determined to save Dea at any cost.

This book is absolutely wonderful. We are at a tipping point and I can't wait to see what's next. There will be a total of five books in this series. I don't want it to end (I know it's only book three and I need to chill, but still).

I love the writing. It's so engaging and fluid that it was hard to stop reading. The story was so gripping that now I have to know what comes next...

For more, click here


Blood Omen IV: Beyond Death

This is the best book yet in the Blood Omen series. Dea and Marcello are at the hands of the Apophi and there is nothing to stop the rise of the Apophis. With a daring rescue orchestrated by Santi and the rest of the coven, Dea is safe but it is only a matter of time when the Apophis will rise and take over. There has been many deaths...

The second prophecy has been unlocked, of course with the help of Stuart, and Dea is the key to the future. Well *spoiler* is the key to the future but you have to read the book to find out who *spoiler* is. It was unexpected and I was shocked. A lot happens to Dea, a lot. She started off as a girl who no one knew trying to navigate her way through life to someone who holds the key to humanity. She has changed but I won't say how, very spoilerly subject. But with the support of her Coven, Dea is the key to stop the Apophi...


I can't wait for the last book, The Balance, in the Blood Omen Series.


For more, click here

Blood Omen V: The Balance

COMING SOON








No comments:

Post a Comment