"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

Thursday, February 18, 2016

FAQs


Katie Ruth Davies, aged 15

Interviewer: What’s your experience of the #vampire culture? When and how did you first discover it?

Katie Ruth Davies, #author: My first real love of the vampire culture was L.J. Smith’s #VampireDiaries (which has much simpler characters and storylines than the TV series). I loved the good vs bad vampire idea and enjoyed Elena’s attraction to both, though I felt the darker side was too little explored- sometimes good can get boring! I was never a #Goth - never wore a lot of black, never wanted to join the London Vampire Society (though I knew people who were members). I just watched and imagined from afar. I had dreams, wrote them down, made scenes from them, added bits. I started to write with just one main character from around aged 15 but I never got together enough continuous material to make a book…until I started #BloodOmen in 2005 and finished two books in six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment