"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

Monday, February 22, 2016


FAQs



Interviewer: After reading the book, I get the impression YOU are the main character, Dea. Are you?

Katie Ruth Davies, #author: It’s a ‘me’ in another universe- but who doesn’t want to be the star in an adventure movie that’s totally different from your current reality?! But, like any first person character in a book, she could be you, too.

Do you have your own #vampire crush (apart from Dea’s Santi)?

Katie: Umm…#Lestat played by Stuart Townsend (Queen of the Damned). And sometimes #Damon (played by Ian #Somerhalder)…like Ana in my book, I tend to go for the bad guy!

What kind of environment and what kind of people inspire you to write?

Katie: I wrote my first two books while I was living in Spain, helped by long train journeys along the coast into Barcelona every day- beautiful and inspiring. A nice long train journey always works - but not silence. Silence gets me thinking about myself and family issues or worries…but also having the kids playing around makes it difficult to think. So a train journey with the right music or the right amount of background noise. People in the street #inspire me, life inspires me. I could never go to one of those isolated writer retreats - it would be counterproductive for me. I need to be IN life to write about my characters and scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment