"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Beginning...

What started me writing Blood Omen, the five book vampire saga?

A dream. I know- it's happened to other writers too... I woke up one day, late January 2005, with a really clear image in my head: I saw myself sitting up in bed in my childhood room. It was night and the window was open. I could see the silhouette of a male vampire sitting at the window- one foot resting on the sill and an elbow resting casually on his knee; watching me in silence (if we had a conversation in that dream, it was lost when I woke up). But that image of him sitting there- powerful, dark, mysterious; dangerous and attractive- was irresistible and just begged to be written about! I decided his name was Elias. And so the first character in my Blood Omen saga was born. And from that point on, my story began to weave itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment